This eco-retreat is an authentic experience. Namosi Eco Retreat is not a resort. It is an “experience”, based on a traditional-style authentic Fijian village.
Each Bure (hut) is handcrafted to replicate the traditional homes of the province’s ancestors, using bamboo and palm leaves. The retreat team has gone to great efforts to ensure the authenticity of the buildings, food and lifestyle to replicate traditional Fijian village life.
This means that each Bure is very basic – but with the added comfort of a bed instead of the traditional mat for sleeping, while the separate Bathroom Bure has flush toilets and showers.
- Bathroom Bure with flush toilets, cold water showers, sink and running water (collected rain water so not for drinking). The bathroom is a short walk from the accommodation bures
- On-site satellite phone and vehicle for any medical emergencies.
- Valenikana (house of food) traditional, large bure for meal times, entertainment and workshops
- Large Bamboo Bure for staff retreats, yoga retreats, live music entertainment, and other activities
- Outdoor yoga area
- Volleyball court (also used for tug of war, touch rugby, etc)
- Agritourism crops and farm for guests to use.